Ascotts was on the corner of Powis street and Calderwood street ... The same address incorporated Wings pharmacy ..
The shop was cleared in the mid 60s to make way for an extension to Marks and Spencer
A brief clip in the Kentish Independent of Jul7 1959 giving a little bit of background on the beginnings of the new ferry
Showing news of the forthcoming new ferries