Woolwich and Plumstead area Pubs old and new - Chris mansfield Photos


Powered by SmugMug Log In

Aug 11th 2013... Anglesea arms.

Built in 1841, the Anglesea arms replaced a nearby pub called the Marquess of Anglesea..
.It was enlarged with a single-storey wing along Brookhill Road in 1885 and substantially
remodelled by Whitbreads in 1906. That work, which probably included
the pedimented first-floor architraves, was carried out by T. Glanfield, a
Deptford builder.
copyright Chris Mansfield

angleseaarmspubaugust11th2013