Woolwich High st - Chris mansfield Photos

Powered by SmugMug Log In

Approx' 1980.. Plaisteds. Woolwich high street

Plaisteds, also known as the Coopers arms, was established at 120 Woolwich high street around 1740 by John Hare who owned a Brewery nearby. Although the frontage looked very old, it was actually rebuilt in Georgian style in 1929-30. The ornamental lamp may have come from the original pub. Around 1890 the place was bought by E J Rose who opened a wine shop/bar.. The name Plaisteds came from Thomas Wilkes Plaisted, who ran the place in the mid 1800s