Oct' 12th 2013 .. Calderwood street
This building of 1891 was the original site of the "Woolwich Polytechnic young mens christian institute" .
The school gre rapidly to fill the island site, bounded by Calderwood street, Thomas street, Polytechnic street and Wellington street..
Calderwood street was formerly known as Wiiliam Street.. It was renamed in 1938 in honour of a local industrialist, councillor and chairman of the Polytechnic governing
body, William Calderwood